1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Lollipop Update on LG G Pad 8.3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

I haven't seen any official announcements of the LG G Pad 8.3 getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop update, but we just got a contact form on Phandroid from someone saying they've received the update. I searched this forum for "Lollipop" but it has been discussed a grand total of zero times... so I'm asking here.
    Anyone get this update? If so, can you post a screenshot?

2. DyDx

DyDx Lurker

I'm the lucky person who contacted you earlier. I'll happily take some video if you'd like, too.

To be honest, it really doesn't feel all that different to use since Google has done a good job updating all the main Google apps to the Material design. I'm just hoping for a little bump to battery life.

3. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

Awesome! Pictures and video would be great, just showing off as proof that it's got the update and feel free to add anything you think is particularly cool :)

You can just add them as attachments to this thread.

4. DyDx

DyDx Lurker

Sorry the quality isn't great (used a free app to strip the background audio and the resolution was limited), but here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/675182/LG G Pad.mp4 (couldn't upload it for some reason, even as a ZIP it gave me errors).

Weirdly, there's no Smart Lock option, which is puzzling to me. I had previously sent you a pic of the Security menu on a Guest account and it was there, but grayed out, but after enabling a PIN (I had no security previously), it's not there...

ogwilson likes this.
  5. bigmac11

bigmac11 Newbie

That's not the regular V500 GPad, its the GPE V510. I got all excited for nothing :(

6. DyDx

DyDx Lurker

Yes you're right. I was clear in my initial message to Phandroid that I was referring to the GPe version, but by the time I realized they were not clear about it in this post it was already being reported by other sites.

7. jeeptec

jeeptec Newbie

Mine has been updated to lollipop 5.0.