• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Lollipop?

Just a small update. I could only fix Bluetooth (untested) and audio so far. Everything else is broken. The rom soft reboots when the screen turns off. It is very smooth though. I love the animations. We would have to wait for more patches for compatibility since we have pre KitKat libs

Upvote 0
Fixed the reboots, WiFi ,hardware keys. Bluetooth tested working. All we need is radio and camera. I'm using a different kernel so can't work on the camera for now. The ROM ATM works fine for a WiFi only rom.
Have you tested how it treats storage? Ie, does it allow apps from play store to install on external SD?

Upvote 0
Awesome, I already use my Awe as a wifi only device. I would be willing to flash the update if bug finding help is needed, although I would guess you already know about most of the bugs.
Yea he pretty much knows sounds like it just need radio I give to the first of next month phenom makes fast progress

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Okay. I've got the radio to somewhat work. It just complains about waiting for a sim card which we don't have. Also the phone app crashes repeatedly non-stop .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-23-17-08-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-23-17-08-48.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones