• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Lollipop?

Okay I'm going to release what I have now. Please do not expect this to be fully functional.

Okay I've got camera working but with the same problems are kitkat. so use a 3rd party app for camera. Also video recording for the back camera is no good but front camera works. H/W video decoding doesn't work (but you can still use s/w decoding). Gps doesn't work. Radio/service doesn't work. Other than that I think everything else works.

Also the first boot takes a very long time. You'll need to do a full wipe.

Uploading now.

Upvote 0
Okay I'm going to release what I have now. Please do not expect this to be fully functional.

Okay I've got camera working but with the same problems are kitkat. so use a 3rd party app for camera. Also video recording for the back camera is no good but front camera works. H/W video decoding doesn't work (but you can still use s/w decoding). Gps doesn't work. Radio/service doesn't work. Other than that I think everything else works.

Also the first boot takes a very long time. You'll need to do a full wipe.

Uploading now.
can't find the down load link is it up yet?

Upvote 0
Well it boots and looks beautiful. Found issues within the first 10 minutes of playing with it:
1: not rooted
2: stuttery
3: downloaded apps don't show up in the app drawer
4: (minor complaint) that white keyboard hurts the eyes and I keep missing the button I intend to hit because there's no guide between the letters
5: you weren't kidding about that boot time, 5+ minutes

Otherwise it is functional and looks gorgeous! I know for a fact it will improve over time. Awesome work phenomx4!

Upvote 0
Well it boots and looks beautiful. Found issues within the first 10 minutes of playing with it:
4: (minor complaint) that white keyboard hurts the eyes and I keep missing the button I intend to hit because there's no guide between the letters

Otherwise it is functional and looks gorgeous! I know for a fact it will improve over time. Awesome work phenomx4!
There a new beta of super su that works on lollipop

Upvote 0

Change the color of the keyboard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones