• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android Lollipop?

This is really great....I'm just wondering, phenom is such a good developer, so why shouldn't he be getting assistance from other good developers who may be able to help iron out remaining problems? There was a group that helped lower end "unloved" devices and all worked as a team, each having beneficial strengths and capabilities where maybe someone else was lacking. I'm just thinking, phenom is like a lone freight train (as far as know) smashing through these ROMs amazingly....why wouldn't other developers be more than willing to help him? Plus it would promote him for development elsewhere and probably also sponsor him to bigger better devices, people will provide sponsorship when they want development on their devices, especially higher end. So perhaps things like getting the camera fully functional and shaving boot time and adding features and more stability could be done here, if we just reach out to other devs and tell them we know an frickin phenomenal person who could really benefit from some help and in turn they would as well. That's just how I've seen things happen out here in the forums....maybe he's good and doesn't want help or maybe he already has it, but even if most of us don't know how to develope, we still have the capability to reach out to others for phenom.

**And just to report some things I've personally noticed**
*gesture typing for stock keyboard doesn't work
*I seem to be getting cellular standby hours (signal) while airplane mode is supposed to be engaged
*clicking flashlight button in notification toggle turns the flash on but causes a reboot and doesn't toggle off until reboot finishes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is really great....I'm just wondering, phenom is such a good developer, so why shouldn't he be getting assistance from other good developers who may be able to help iron out remaining problems? There was a group that helped lower end "unloved" devices and all worked as a team, each having beneficial strengths and capabilities where maybe someone else was lacking. I'm just thinking, phenom is like a lone freight train (as far as know) smashing through these ROMs amazingly....why wouldn't other developers be more than willing to help him? Plus it would promote him for development elsewhere and probably also sponsor him to bigger better devices, people will provide sponsorship when they want development on their devices, especially higher end. So perhaps things like getting the camera fully functional and shaving boot time and adding features and more stability could be done here, if we just reach out to other devs and tell them we know an frickin phenomenal person who could really benefit from some help and in turn they would as well. That's just how I've seen things happen out here in the forums....maybe he's good and doesn't want help or maybe he already has it, but even if most of us don't know how to develope, we still have the capability to reach out to others for phenom.

**And just to report some things I've personally noticed**
*gesture typing for stock keyboard doesn't work
*I seem to be getting cellular standby hours (signal) while airplane mode is supposed to be engaged
*clicking flashlight button in notification toggle turns the flash on but causes a reboot and doesn't toggle off until reboot finishes

There is a thread under are phones all things root section that is the start of cm11 being ported to are phone. http://androidforums.com/threads/need-devs-and-testers-to-help-with-with-cm11.834708/ The original Porter for cm11 to are device belongs to such a group.

Upvote 0
I tried this, but I cannot flash it in recovery, because I don't have root and also lost recovery, any ideas?
Recovery works without the need for root. You just need to get twrp latest released version back on your phone. How you go about it is up to you and if you have access to a PC. From what I have read on here I think fast booting into twrp and flashing twrp again so it stays is your best bet. Being that you are already on cm12 I don't think the no PC required methods will work.

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
Recovery works without the need for root. You just need to get twrp latest released version back on your phone. How you go about it is up to you and if you have access to a PC. From what I have read on here I think fast booting into twrp and flashing twrp again so it stays is your best bet. Being that you are already on cm12 I don't think the no PC required methods will work.
Didn'tsee the part that he lost recovery chasing these kids all around the house lol

Upvote 0
Will you tell me how I can root it. I rooted it with rootmaster before, but I was on 4.1 then and I don't know how things have changed with 5.0.
First you need to get twrp on your phone so you can download the supersu I linked to earlier and flash it in twrp. You should then have root in cm12. I am not on my desktop right now so I can't really link to files or steps to take very quickly. I should be on my desktop after 8 pm Pacific time.

Upvote 0
I have had no force reboots with this ROM. It's very stable for me even with over clocking both cores at 1.5. Smooth as melted yummy cheese lol. Only things that are bothering me with this ROM is basically similar to all the cm11 / kitkat builds is the charging screen when the phone is off. With cm12 the charging red led is on though and I have not waited to see if it turns green. The problem is that it just shows ??/100 which doesn't tell me how much it has charged. The other issues I have really have nothing to do with this ROM but with lollipop in general. For example no xposed support and I don't think viper4android or extreme beats is compatible but I have not tried them. The flashlight is a problem with the ROM though. For my uses it works great though with talkatone and Google voice. The audio issue I had with a game goes away once I switch to a different slot machine or part of the game and does not return. Overall I am not going back to other ROMs. I use my phone as a WiFi only device and it is great for me but not for others and I hope the other issues are resolved for them. I never liked stock camera apps anyways lol.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Does anyone else have the storage switching problem? Because this phone has so little storage space I can't download very many apps and whatever. I constantly get low storage space notifications, and I can't move apps to my sd card. Is there a way to fix this? I tried using es file explorer to set the default download location but whenever I download anything (I trie a few pictures from the internet) it still sends them to the internal storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones