1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Mail App Battery and Wake

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amlothi, Jun 2, 2011.

1. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Running latest version of Gingervillain. Have 2 accounts setup in Android default Mail application. One is set to refresh "never" and the other is an Exchange account setup for "Push".

Most days, I never see the Mail app on my battery usage screen - and I'm connected to Wifi most of the time at work and home.

Lately though, Wifi at work has been down. I'm noticing that when this happens, battery life is significantly decreased, and the Mail app shows on the battery usage screen. Out of 12 hours today, Mail app was showing as partial wake time of 4+ hours.

Any idea what could be causing this problem? I was under the impression that using Push with an Exchange account should use very little battery.

Additional note: When I'm not on Wifi, my mobile data only comes on for a couple minutes every half hour (a profile in Tasker) so it's not like I have mobile data on all day.

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Does the Mail app keep the phone in partial wake if there is a new message notification that I haven't cleared?

3. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    Should't do because it downloads the message

Tags: