1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android making random calls - during the night!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    - My Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2 is making random calls. I have ade a Factory data reset and the behavior repeated itself this night. I woke up with the anwer machine of my friend, and there was a second call to other friend happening at the same time. It was like a nightmare.

I have already wrote to Android support, and they suggest me to do a Factory reset, but if that did not work, it's not a virus issue or a 3d party app.

Before I do the reset, the phone also created a hangout with random people, my ex husband among them.

I will have to get back to my old IPhone before this thing calls my manager.

All this is really, really, really bad.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Either someone got hold of your phone and put some really bad software on it or it's haunted. I'd opt for the first one. (Software installed as system software survives a factory reset.)

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    I've heard of weird behavior like this before (dating back to the HTC Droid Eris days in late 2009 / 2010).

We speculated it was a bad touch screen or digitizer and laying the phone face down and/or a build up of static electricity may be involved.

Or ghosts, LOL--not easy to recreate of course, since it did seem to happen randomly in the middle of the night.

I'd almost equate it to a "pocket dial", etc.