• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market: 50,000 and Climbing

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
When we saw that the Android market enjoyed over 9,000 new app uploads last month, it was apparent that a growth spurt was imminent and that we’d see the app count continue to rise at alarming rates. Now, thanks to estimates by AndroLib’s market-probing analysis, we can safely say that the Android market has reached [...]

More...

i just hope the majority of these new apps are quality apps that work well. i'd hate to have an app store where 60%-75% of the apps don't work well. i was looking at some with my friend's eris and was constantly reading bad feedback about them force closing alot, being slow/lagging, etc. so growth is great, just hope its not a growth of garbage.

Upvote 0
I remember when I would see reviews on android phones and many mentioned the android market was shallow compared to the apple market with its 10,000 apps. This is great to see it swell like this. Its like a snowball rolling down a hill right now lol

The thing about the 10,000 mark is that its from September of 09 and people were still saying there was only 10,000 in December of 09

Upvote 0
i just hope the majority of these new apps are quality apps that work well. i'd hate to have an app store where 60%-75% of the apps don't work well. i was looking at some with my friend's eris and was constantly reading bad feedback about them force closing alot, being slow/lagging, etc. so growth is great, just hope its not a growth of garbage.

very true but it's not the amount of spam apps in the system, it's the lack of filtering from app marketplaces.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones