• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market, how to reapply cancelled updating all apps

josh48315

Aug 5, 2010
Hey everyone. The other day I opened my Android Market app on my phone. I saw that I had about 10 apps to be updated, and when I tapped to update all of them, I accidentally hit cancel. The downloads cancelled, but now I cannot re-download the updates. It seems as if I have to wait until there is another update to each app before I can see it again. Did I screw myself over by hitting cancel? Why doesn’t Google allow you to retry the update a second time if you cancelled it before, for reasons like what happened to me? Any help on what to do? I want my apps to be the latest version but now I don’t know how. It’s not showing an update is available since I hit cancel. Do I have to wait until the next time a developer makes an update to their app before I can see it and apply it again? I tried clearing the app data for the Market, but that did not help.

Oh, and I hate the new Android market by the way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones