• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android market issues

Scainer

May 6, 2011
Since the update to 2.3.4 and then the update the the android market, I seem to have an issue with the My Apps section regarding whats installed and updates.

In Android Market I go to My Apps but it only seems to list a handful of them.
If I browse the market it recognises apps that are already installed or if they need updating. They just don't appear in the My Apps section.

I think i have 40+ apps, and it only shows 8.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Factory reset your phone. Personally I have no problems with the market so its more likely a problem with your phone than the market.
how is factory reset different from resetting the market app? there should be nothing interfering with market apps auto updating on its own. if i factory reset phone it will work on the first time there's an update, as soon as another update comes along i have to clear data again

Upvote 0
how is factory reset different from resetting the market app? there should be nothing interfering with market apps auto updating on its own. if i factory reset phone it will work on the first time there's an update, as soon as another update comes along i have to clear data again

Reading your threads it seems that you've tried everything else so the only thing really left to do is factory reset. It seems like there is something else on your phone interfering and this will get rid of it. Just a suggestion, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Upvote 0
Try going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > Clear data.

Reboot your phone and go back into Market and wait to see if your "My Apps" is repopulated correctly.

Hope this helps. :D

Did that, nothing changed, then restarted phone, still the same

edit:

We're aware of reports from some users that several applications are missing under "My Apps" on their devices, and we're currently looking into the issue.

https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones