1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Market Movies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artbytes, Sep 4, 2011.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

I just got my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 today. I've updated the firmware successfully - it said. I have the Media Hub, and was able to download a movie from the Media Hub. However, when I go to the Android Market, I don't see the tab for Movies. I can see it on my Infuse phone - but not on the Galaxy Tab, where I'd really like to watch the movies. It sounds like others of you do see the Android Market Movie Rental link/section. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert

You can get to the movies section by using your browser and going to market.android.com/movies. IIRC the Xoom is the only tab that has access to movies via the market app.

3. artbytes

Thanks. I was able to purchase a rental that way. However, I think I may have to watch it as it streams over the Internet. I was hoping to download for later viewing on an airplane. It looks like you have to "pin" the movie to your device to do that. I tried that,but it didn't look like it was working. Have you been able to "pin", download and watch later offline? I appreciate the help.

4. xlnja

xlnja Newbie

This is not true, at least in the U.S. I have already rented and watched 3 movies from the Android Market. My market shows the movies tab, and I am able to purchase them from there and view them from the Videos App.

I was recently in the UK and noticed that the movies tab was removed from the Android Market while I was in the UK (it returned as soon as I connected from the U.S.). So, this looks like a country-specific feature.

5. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

xlnja, do you have the LTE tab? I do, and I have movies as well. It may have also been added in the touchwiz update, but I don't have it so I can't say for sure. I believe it's an Android 3.1 vs 3.0 difference (at least, that's when it got added on the Xoom).

6. xlnja

xlnja Newbie

No, I have WiFi only. Yes, I believe you must have Android 3.1.

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

What about rooting and using Market Enabler with a US setting? It has always worked on my phone.

8. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert

Yeah, I just checked. I do have the movies tab as well. I'm running 3.1 TW update. I never really paid attention to it until now. Sorry.

9. artbytes

Just got back from my trip and tried again. I now have the movies tab. Too late for the trip - but maybe next time.

Have you been able to download and then watch when you aren't connected to the Internet?

10. xlnja

xlnja Newbie

Yes, that's the only way I watch movies on the tab...download and watch on the plane. One thing...once you use the tab in another country (I went to the UK), the Android Market knows you are outside the US and effectively disables the Movies tab. It also prevents viewing previously downloaded movies. This is annoying. So, if I didn't watch my downloaded movie on the flight to the UK, I can't watch it until I get back to the US.

11. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

LOL! Really? While in the UK, it wont let you watch the movie you purchased and downloaded in the US? That's hilarious.

12. dwnwsn930

dwnwsn930 Lurker

Tab 10.1, Android 3.1, Wifi only. Downloaded and pinned two rented movies from android market. When I am offline, my movies will not show. I keep getting the 'no connection' message. I know there is no connection...that is why I pinned it for later viewing on the plane. Any ideas??

13. dwnwsn930

dwnwsn930 Lurker

Tab 10.1, android 3.1
    I have downloaded and pinned rental movies from the marketplace but when i go to watch them later it wont let me see them. It just says "no connection" . i am probably just not doing something correctly. Any assistance is appreciated

14. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast

Where are you, and are you connected to the 'net when you try to watch the films?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews