• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market: 'No matching content in Android Market'?

I've just noticed that the Android Market shows a blank page with the message 'No matching content in Android Market'. Yet when I go to specific sections of the Market or do a search, one is able to download and install applications and games just fine. I've only just noticed this happening in the last few days. I'm using an unlocked UK version Galaxy S but my location is Inner Mongolia, China. Would this have anything to do with Android Market not showing content on the front page?

The S itself is loaded with Froyo, as downloaded from the XDA forums.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've now realised what's happening here. The front page of the Android Market only shows paid applications and games. Google does not distribute paid applications and games in mainland China, they're only available in the Hong Kong SAR. No paid applications are showing up at all in the Android Market on my UK version Galaxy S while it's operating in mainland China.

I think Android phones supplied by Chinese carriers, China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom(can you see a pattern here?) have their own specific 'app stores', with paid content distributed by the carriers themselves.

Upvote 0
Root your phone and get Market Enabler on there, then you can have your phone tell the Market its in the US or whatever. Its how I get apps now available in my country.

Hello,
I have an MID chinese tablet and its exactly the same thing when I try to access the android market...it says "No content matching from android market".

Also am unable to search for anything as it doesn't retrieve anything:thinking:

Pls help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones