• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android market not working...help pls

It is 3:12 PM EST in the US and I still cannot download. Message is "starting download" but it never downloads. This must be more than a single problem. Google acknowledged a problem yesterday but this is 24 hours later.

Could AppBrain have anything to do with it ??

Haven't tried today but was able to download reliably last night. try clearing the cache & data in the Download Mgr & Market apps

Upvote 0
It is 3:12 PM EST in the US and I still cannot download. Message is "starting download" but it never downloads. This must be more than a single problem. Google acknowledged a problem yesterday but this is 24 hours later.

Could AppBrain have anything to do with it ??

I have been using it all day with no problems.

Go into you apps from the settings menu. Select all apps. Select market. Click clear cache and click clear data. Reboot your phone. Open the market app and accept the ToU. Try downloading something and see if it works.

Kratos

Upvote 0
dead again for me

doesnt look good for google, this is 4 days uin a row its acting up in the evenings.
they should think about the affect this has with new customers trialling devices and can potentially return the device within 14 days then pickup an iphone as the app experience is diabolical (even though its only been less than a week)

Upvote 0
But will hard reset delete everything I've installed on my phone?
Are you sure that Hard and Factory reset aren't the same thing??
I have done the factory reset and it didn't help.

We talked about it in the other thread. Whatever you did was not a hard reset.

A hard reset WILL delete all applications and all settings. Take interest in Titanium Backup and backup stuff and then do a proper hard reset.

Upvote 0
I'll do a hard reset,then.

This is what I did btw:

Attachments

• CAP201010301336.jpg
    CAP201010301336.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
Hey is this it?:

If I do it that way,is it OK?
That triangle with the ! sign will only appear if I'm holding down the power and "x" button,then the cam+vol. up.

Otherwise,it just won't I have tried it multiple times.

This video shows another way than I was describing, but in reality, whatever works is good.

The way described in the video did not work on my Milestone. This video is for the Droid.

Here is a video from JKK, it describes some features of the phone and other stuff, but also shows how to go into Recovery Menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hc20WMlV8U&feature=player_embedded

Upvote 0
I have done the Hard reset now. I still have the superuser permission on my phone!! But I really did the HARD reset!! At the triangle with ! sign I have chosen the "wipe data/factory reset" and then rebooted the phone,when reset complete.

Some apps still won't download from market,some will,but it's better than before...

PS.: I really did the HARD reset,I'm sure of it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones