• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market Problems

Dukey043

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys, thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this, i've tried looking around but everyone else seems to have different version of problems to me.

When i signed up, i signed up with a gmail account. Recently some weird stuff has been going on on the phone (texts have all been deleted etc), and i can't get on the android market because the email address has changed itself to an @youtube.com address. The name before the @youtube.com is my username on youtube, but it itself is not an email address, and as such i can't access the market or reset the password (as it is not a gmail address)

any ideas? thanks!

Hey guys, thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this, i've tried looking around but everyone else seems to have different version of problems to me.

When i signed up, i signed up with a gmail account. Recently some weird stuff has been going on on the phone (texts have all been deleted etc), and i can't get on the android market because the email address has changed itself to an @youtube.com address. The name before the @youtube.com is my username on youtube, but it itself is not an email address, and as such i can't access the market or reset the password (as it is not a gmail address)

any ideas? thanks!

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Have you tried deleting data in the market application? You can do this in manage applications. Find the market and then delete data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones