1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Market Update Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by citruskoala, Jun 24, 2018.

1. citruskoala

citruskoala Lurker

I have been trying to upgrade android market on a samsung galaxy S1 i500, the problem is, it simply wont work. I clear the app data like all the guides say, and then I start the app, I accept the terms of service and it gives me this message "Attention: A server error has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen." When I press retry it sends me to a white screen with a loading icon in the center, I have repeated this multiple times and I can use the browser without loading issues, but it still doesen't work. Also i'm using android 2.3.5

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Android Market? You should be using the Play store for this...

KBU2 and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Android Market is the old name for Google Play. And I suspect any updates and support for the old Android Market app were taken down long ago. Also a phone running 2.3.5, there's probably not going to be any apps on the Play Store supporting that now. FWIW I had a Samsung Galaxy S in 2010, 8 years ago, my first Android phone.

There is Android Market here, but it was last updated in 2012.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.finsky&hl=en

Hadron, KBU2 and Dannydet like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You should be able to use the Google Play Store with 2.3.5. Android Market was discontinued a year ago.