1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Android Market User Review Notifications? [Poll]

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by af_user, Jul 29, 2011.

1. af_user

af_user Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Would you like to be notified when a new user review of your application is available on Android Market?

If you don't like reading my intro you can skip to poll here: http://goo.gl/YgiPY

Hello fellow android developers,

one of the most important lessons that I have learned publishing apps on Android Market is that user reviews are important.

It is true that it is not possible to reply to each comment individually and that most of negative reviews are written by people who have not even read application description and who do not care spending more than a few seconds in order to figure out what the application is about. However, user feedback is still necessary for us developers and new features/bug fixes are what keeps the applications afloat. I have an app that is for past 3 months constantly in Top #15 of the most popular apps in it's category and I managed that only by listening to users.

So far I have read user reviews directly from the Developer's Console, but having almost a dozen applications published on Android Market, this process is rather tedious and time consuming.

There has to be a better way of doing it. I was thinking of making a service that will notify me when new user reviews are available.

Would you be interested in a similar thing?

Please answer to my poll here: http://goo.gl/YgiPY

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    It would help to know a bit about why you are interested in this data ;)

I'll try and fill one out a bit later though, brb need to check dev console.

3. af_user

af_user Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    It is not hard to figure it out.

If I am going to implement such a thing for myself, I would love to know is there a point to offer the service to other people too. And, if I am going to offer it, would it possible to cover the costs of hosting and earn some $ too.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I'm pretty sure I have seen apps do this, but the interest was lackluster from what I remember. Try a search in the application anouncements forum.

My guess would be this is because it is a lot of trust to give a thrid party access to the account you use to earn a living. But that is pure speculation on my part. You should expect this as an issue though. Consdering you posted a shortened link, gave no mention of who you are, and expected people to fill out a survey for your with no privacy policy. And only had 4 posts here on AF at the time.

For me as well, I prefer to "disconnect" from the grid once in awhile, and would rather not be stuck with notifications pulling me back in.

But some people may very well use this - it's certainly a valuble time saver.

But those are your hurdles as far as I can tell. I hope this doesnt sound harsh. I'm not trying to criticize, just trying to point out what you may want to consider.

hth