1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Market Web Market Working For Rooted Sprint HTC Hero?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LBPHeretic, Feb 4, 2011.

?

Android Market Web Store Working On Sprint HTC Hero? (Android 2.2+)

1. Yes, the Android Market Web Store recognizes my rooted and/or custom ROM Sprint HTC Hero.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, the Android Market Web Store does not recognize my rooted and/or custom ROM Sprint HTC Hero.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I have not tried the Android Market Web Store with my rooted and/or custom Sprint HTC Hero yet.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. There is an Android Market Web Store? Cool!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

With the recent release of the Android Market Web Store, I have seen a few articles cropping up saying that some rooted and/or custom ROM handsets are not being recognized: Does Google's new Android Market website ignore custom ROMs? -- Engadget . Have you been able to use the Android Market Web Store successfully with your rooted Sprint HTC Hero? It seems to be working on mine.

EDIT: It looks like it is working with Android 2.1 builds as well. I originally only thought it worked for Android 2.2 and up. That is cool.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jwolfe152

jwolfe152 Member

I am using 2.3 and couldn't find handcent in my market app them I tried the online market well I found it but it told me it was already installed and of I click download it said my phone was not registered our some crap like that

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I read online that it might be the version of the Android Market that is on your handset. The older version was 2.2.7 and now it is 2.2.11.

Hopefully, the GApps will be updated with the new Android Market soon. The other thing to try was to sign out of GTalk and sign back in.

4. boblo

boblo Well-Known Member

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

You need to wipe your Data in the market and Re-open it....let it load all your apps...:rolleyes:

jwolfe152 likes this.
  6. jwolfe152

jwolfe152 Member

Oh ok. Well I'm using chomp now its so close to handcent, but I really like chomps big widget and a few other things

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews