1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support "Android market" won't auto update to "Google play"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3vodroid, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Male
    Diesel Mechanic- Greyhound Lines
    New Jersey
    Hey guys/gals. My girlfriend just had her strat replaced bc it wouldn't charge, and it keep rebooting. Overall not very happy with the performance of this device I wish she could just get something better. Well after I set up her replacement I began loading some apps when I realized her Google play store is still the old android market style. So most of her apps can't be downloaded. Like instagram. Usually it just updates by itself so I really don't know what to do to force it to update.. Any help would be very much appreciated. :D

Thank you all - Chris

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    How long has it been up and running, one time I factory reset my Stratosphere, it took 2 days before the Play Store updated, another time was just a few minutes.

3vodroid likes this.
  3. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Male
    Diesel Mechanic- Greyhound Lines
    New Jersey
    It has only been up and running for a few hours. I took the battery out and let it sit. no dice... if it doesnt update by sometime tomorrow ill do a factory reset and see if that does the trick. i was thinking that but i figured i wouldnt have to since it was new but who knows. ill give it a shot and post back tomorrow. thanks