• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market

Right now we're working on getting the download files for the applications in the market. At the moment it only displays the applications... people CAN upload APK directly to the market when they submit apps but obviously, forum staff are going to have to do a lot of initial legwork to get hold of the various APK to fill up the Android Forum Market with downloadable content

Right now... what you see on the website is exactly what you'll see on your phone if you visit the site. Hopefully I'll be adding a mobile phone friendly style to make it easier to browse.

Then, we'll start getting these APK's uploaded so you can download apps directly from the website... it'll have apps that are on the "actual" android market AND ones that aren't.

Stay tuned... there are only so many hours in the day and so much to do!

That being said WE ARE LOOKING FOR APPLICATION GUIDES to help us with this huge task of connecting with developers and getting their Free Apps UPLOADED to our website. If you want to be an Application Guide and help Android Forums out with that as an "ambassador" of sorts... PLEASE PM ME... this goes for anyone!

Upvote 0
Right now we're working on getting the download files for the applications in the market. At the moment it only displays the applications... people CAN upload APK directly to the market when they submit apps but obviously, forum staff are going to have to do a lot of initial legwork to get hold of the various APK to fill up the Android Forum Market with downloadable content

Right now... what you see on the website is exactly what you'll see on your phone if you visit the site. Hopefully I'll be adding a mobile phone friendly style to make it easier to browse.

Then, we'll start getting these APK's uploaded so you can download apps directly from the website... it'll have apps that are on the "actual" android market AND ones that aren't.

Stay tuned... there are only so many hours in the day and so much to do!

That being said WE ARE LOOKING FOR APPLICATION GUIDES to help us with this huge task of connecting with developers and getting their Free Apps UPLOADED to our website. If you want to be an Application Guide and help Android Forums out with that as an "ambassador" of sorts... PLEASE PM ME... this goes for anyone!

Sorry Rob - this wasn't a "rush" type of request. But thanks for your quick answer. I saw your announcement email over the weekend and took the time to look it over.

1 question - why are some of the apps NOT in the app market?

1 comment - For each app, create a direct link in the app section to the forum for discussion that way you keep people posting and make it easy to find the discussion. (When mods start coming online they can promote threads, tips, etc to the app's market homepage.)

Upvote 0
No worries... I didn't take it as "rushing" me... the sense of urgency tone that I took was self-imposed - I want to get this place running flawlessly!

Thanks for your input, you've got some good ideas.

As for the apps on and not-on the market its just a matter of things that we KNOW are coming but Google seems be rolling out the apps onto the live market gradually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones