1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MotoMonolith, Sep 11, 2011.

1. MotoMonolith

MotoMonolith Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Hi, I live in China and bought their version of the Milestone 3 and it came with Moto Shop4Apps, instead of the Android Market. It's regional settings only offer the limited selection in Chinese, and I would prefer the market in English, with all the available apps. I tried to manually install the APK, but when I click "Yes" when it asks me do I want to add an account, it closes. I've also tried this with a VPN active. Any ideas? I'd like to try something not so rooty, I can never underestimate my ability to destroy technology. Perhaps changing the location? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Android Enthusiast
    None

You can do the online market at Androlib. Its the same as the market on your phone just from the browser.

MotoMonolith likes this.
  3. MotoMonolith

MotoMonolith Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, if I either use their market or scan the barcode, I still need an associated program on my phone, Android Market. Many of the apps aren't supported by Shop4apps.

4. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    APKs for most free apps can be found online, downloaded, and transferred via USB to your SD and then installed.