1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android Marketplace not downloading anything

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PositronicMind, Jun 2, 2011.

1. PositronicMind

None

Jun 2, 2011
    I just bought signed a contract with Cellular South today and picked up the Galaxy S. After playing around with it for a while, I decided to get a game off of the marketplace to play with my girlfriend. After telling it that I wanted to install the app, I let it sit for over 30 minutes while it just said "starting download". After that, it said it was unsuccessful. I tried another app and had the same thing happen.

After looking at a few different forums and posts on Google, I tried clearing the cache of various things (google talk, Checkedin, etc) and turning off the phone then back on, but that didn't help either. I called customer service and they helped me to program my phone but it still hasn't helped solve the problem. I either get an "unsuccessful download' error every time, or it just says "starting download" indefinitely. Is there some way to fix this problem? From what I found researching the issue, it seems like just about everyone has this problem.

Advertisement

2. TimothyBath

TimothyBath Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Is anyone else having problems with Market today. I am getting errors that make me think they are having issues,.

Tim

3. TOYBOXX

TOYBOXX Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Oh yes, I'm having all sorts of problems with the Marketplace this morning. I've experience the problem when I got up at around 5am Eastern. At first I thought it was my data service crapping out, but then I quickly realized that since I can still browse the internet, and even use my apps that require an internet connection, that it was the Marketplace itself that is having issues.

I've already submitted a ticket to Android and explained the situation. Hopefully, it'll be resolved soon.

4. actuallyashley

None

Jun 4, 2011
    Exactly! I am unable to download new apps...will say forever 'starting download' but never does. This problem started about 4 days ago when I tried to get some ringtones(that I was also unable to get). Does anyone know what I can do?