• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Marshmallow new features

Apps edge, actions edge, contacts edge. Makes the edge actually useful. The fingerprint scanner "just works" 99.9% of the time now and it is very fast. The "turn off" menu is updated, the look of TW is cleaner, and the phone is faster, although they might be a placebo effect. Also on switching on a finger print cannot be used, you have to use a password (you set it up on first boot of MM if not done so). Screen shots get options to share or save, the lock screen is cleaner. Battery - I don't know yet I recharge constantly on my vehicle anyway. I shall run it tomorrow 100% to almost flat and put up screen shots of the battery stats. Oh yes they have altered as well showing the % of the battery they have actually used that adds up to 100% of the whatever you have used (ie screen may have used 80% of the 60% of battery level used, battery level would show 40%).

Reactions: GodLovesYou
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones