1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Mobile Mode Vrs Desktop Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bill Pickering, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Bill Pickering

Android recently activated the coding for the Desktop mode on the newer Tablets. Mobile mode used to open by Default. Now when opening a new Browser Window it will open in Desktop mode. My vision isn't what it used to be, and Mobile Mode is much easier to read. Is their a way to make Mobile mode the default option as it was before the last update. The user should be able to choose their own default setting. Anyone have any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

This is dependent on which browser you are using, it has nothing to do with the Android operating system.
    If you are using Chrome as your default browser, open a website, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, scroll down to desktop site, and uncheck it. You'll now see the site in mobile view

3. stanan

stanan Newbie

I have the same problem. My 8 inch tablet has recently started defaulting to Chrome's desktop mode. I have been toggling the desktop setting off but it has to be done every single time. I want to be able to set the default to mobile mode.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 10.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 7040mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews