1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Android Movie Store like Itunes?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by frenzy757, Feb 9, 2010.

1. frenzy757

frenzy757 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Here is the deal: I am looking to sync up all of my devices (go android for phone and tablet, or apple for phone and tablet).

The thing I like most about the apple stuff is the Itunes movie/book store.

Basically I can buy movies and put them on my tablet/pc/iphone (with the future cloud streaming) from the Itunes store...Granted the stupid Ipad doesnt have a way to do TV out so I heard.

I want to stick with Android since I like the OS and I like the open nature of the software. However, there is no one place that I can go to get all my Media like the Itunes store. This is especially true for Movies/TV shows. It would be nice to have all of my movies on either a cloud or on my tablet so that when I travel, I can watch them or link them to a TV.

I know right now I can rip my DVDs to MP4 format, but I like just downloading a movie when I want to. I dont want to have to go to 5 different places to find what I wanted to see.

Basically does anyone know if Google is planning on making some sort of integrated market that has TVshows/Movies/Movie Rentals/Ebooks?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Mr_N1ce

Mr_N1ce Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
  3. frenzy757

Feb 9, 2010
    Yea but you tube does not have full movies or tv shows its all crap posted by people....and whilee I think a lot of youtube vids are cool, I wouldn't buy any...

Are they going to load high quality movies and tv shows onto you tube?

4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    I'm going to be contacting Amazon about if they will ever start something like this. It probably won't do much, but I won't lose anything. I was considering starting a petition for a split second, but then thought: what would that do?

5. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    +1 for Amazon. I buy all of my songs and books off of amazon. If they could make a itunes like app it would do wonders for android.

6. gmermel

gmermel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    They already have "video on demand" but that is a streaming service for PC/s and set-top boxes. Hopefully they'll make it phone/smart phone capable because this is a big problem for me as well. Right now I have to take an itouch with my phone if I want to watch a movie....BTW no, the iphone isn't available in my market.

7. frenzy757

Feb 9, 2010
    Any idea about the E-book store? Or do I have to get them somewhere else and then import that to my android device?

8. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    i bought dvdcatalyst from Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst ... it has preset setting for the nexus one and other android phones!

... i cant wait till the mini 5 comes out with the amazon integration, then we will be able to download movies and books (according to the rumors)