1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android multi user function

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan Enyart, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Dan Enyart

Dan Enyart Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2018
    Hello, I've found a very disappointing aspect to the new android phones. No more multi user function?! I realize not every person needs to keep their business information separate from personal files. However I use a VPN frequently for my job. I don't want my personal files or settings able to be compromised through the use of that VPN.
    With all the customization abilities on the new flagship phones. It doesn't make sense to me for android to have taken that away. Then, it seems to me that it would be a simple update to turn that function back on. I also have a recommendation on how to utilize this function with the fingerprint reader. Imagine if you could access all your personal files and apps with your right index fingerprint. Then be able to open all your business contacts and files with your left. All while keeping them entirely separate. I know Bill from work doesn't like getting my weekend calls that were supposed to be for Bill my drinking buddy from college. C'mon people. Who's with me?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Are you sure that multi-user support is not there (i.e. hasn't just been moved in some rearrangement of the menus)? Because it has not been removed from Android: I'm running 8.1 and it's still there on my phone.

Of course people often confuse what a particular manufacturer or carrier does with Android changes, and I don't have an S9 to compare with. So it's possible that Samsung, or maybe your carrier, has removed this. But as you say this would be odd, so I'd have another poke through the Settings in case it's just been moved or renamed.

3. Dan Enyart

Dan Enyart Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2018
    I talked to Verizon customer support for an hour. Then I talked to samsung support for an hour. Samsung told me that it just wasn't available on android phones. Which is total crap. I just figured it was android thing since both Verizon and samsung support said it wasn't possible