1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android music player not loud enough? make it sound ipod loud?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Anroid-Newbie, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Anroid-Newbie

Anroid-Newbie Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2011

Im not using my ipod anymore. Instead im using my new android (lg motion) as my mp3 player.
    The only problem is the music volume. The volume at 100% is the same as the volume at 50% on my ipod.

I Already installed a 3$ app called audio master pro & that only helped a little. & I tried countless other free "volume booster" apps with no luck.

I use double twist as my music player & i dont want to change that. I just need & want a app that can increase my volume significantly and/or make it sound as close to a ipod as possible

I listen to my music through my headphones so I dont need any speaker booster apps.
    PLEASE HELP

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Well, I don't know of any app, but as a med student I'd advice you to have your ears checked. Using noise cancelling headphones, at 50-60% of volume I already feel I can get deaf from the loudness. It's also not adviseable to listen to music using headphones at over 50% of volume (using iPod as gauge) for over two hours as its detrimental to hearing. Most phone brands as of 2009 decreased the volume output of their devices as per an EU recommendation of this volume threshold (Nokia, Samsung and LG are among the ones I know followed this recommendation).

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I've noticed that phones and PMPs sold in Europe seemed to be somewhat quieter than the ones sold here. Problem with this, if people are using decent headphones, which often need more power and volume to drive them, rather than the usual bundled crappy tinny earbuds, the volume can sometimes be too low.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

From experience no. I've been using Philips Snugs (for the comparison, these are about the same category as a Beats Solo, but with better sound output and way cheaper. :)) And music output volume is not an issue.

Anroid-Newbie likes this.
  5. krazyasif786

krazyasif786 Member
    None

Dec 26, 2012
    Male
    You could use an external portable speaker ... I use one called X Mini 2 and they are great. It gives a very noticeable difference to my Note 2.

I have a demo of one here if you are interested
    Portable Speaker For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - X Mini II Capsule [Review and Demo] - YouTube

or amazon link

X-Mi X Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 / Laptop Speaker - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Audio & MP3

Alternativley these apps look good to increase the volume of your speakers ...

Speaker Boost - has some really good reviews.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.omegacentauri.SpeakerBoost&hl=en

Bass Booster
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wiY29tLmRlc2F4ZWRzdHVkaW9zLmJhc3Nib29zdGVyIl0.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I currently use a pair of Sennheiser PX100s and a pair of Grado phones, and these definitely need a good output to drive them at an acceptable volume for me, compared to most of the bundled earbuds I've tried recently. And I've got quite a few buds here that came with various devices.

When I was using a UK purchased Samsung S with them, always sounded on the quiet side with the stock Samsung Froyo ROM. Presumably that had been volume-limited/nobbled as per the EU directive. The phone had a much more healthy volume output when it was using CM7. My current phone, a Lenovo bought in China, now that's got a really good output as standard.