• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android music player, random sound files my music player

melll

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Toronto Ontario
Why doesnt Google fix this. Its driving me nuts.

Random sound files from games and apps in my stock music player.

I put all my music in the MUSIC folder that came built in when I plug my phone in.

And yet, random crap all in my music player.

I feel like smashing this phone so bad right now.

Nexus Galaxy S stock ICS OS.

This is a serious deal breaking issue. I had the Vibrant, then S2 and now this new phone with new OS and its the same damn issue. WHY has this not been addressed yet???

Funny I see nothing like that happening on mine. Also the phone just came out, give them time to work on more important updates...

edit: just noticed you don't even have a nexus... You're complaining in the wrong forum and bitching about an OS that hasn't been officially released for your phone :D

Upvote 0
Did you read my posts at all?

I mentioned Nexus S Stock ICS and then in my 2nd post I even mention "on this new phone coming from Galaxy S2"

So you can take that shit back you said.

This is a major problem. And I know others have the same issue as me.

Sorry all of your rambling was confusing (there is no galaxy nexus S). Its still not a "major" problem and you still need to give them more than a couple weeks for an update. BTW there is no need for all of the swearing...

Upvote 0
Did you read my posts at all?

I mentioned Nexus S Stock ICS and then in my 2nd post I even mention "on this new phone coming from Galaxy S2"

So you can take that shit back you said.

This is a major problem. And I know others have the same issue as me.

Not to get in the middle of your little pissing matchup, but the guy who said something about your phone's model is kind of correct. You said in your OP that you have a "Nexus Galaxy S" and then replied in the above post that you have a Nexus S. The Nexus S is a phone released a year ago on Sprint, AT&T, and TMobile (including the Nexus S 4G). The Nexus Galaxy S isn't even the name of a single phone on any carrier. If you have the most recent Nexus phone, you have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Might want to get you phone's name correct before you start swearing at people.

Regarding the issue, the .nomedia file idea works great. I had this problem on my OG and the .nomedia worked.

Upvote 0
I don't think I would call this a "problem" more than a misunderstood "feature".

Music apps don't "assume" you have your music in a particular spot, so it scans the entire device and plays anything is finds that is "music or sound".

That's why there is a means of "suppressing" the feature - through the .nomedia file.

Just make one of these files (there is PROBABLY one on your phone already somewhere - some game companies put one in their own DATA folders during install). Copy it to the HIGHEST folder you want to block out. So like:

/sdcard/ringtones/.nomedia

... will block that folder AND anything under it:

/sdcard/ringtones/A-Z/A/AngryBirdTones/

... etc.

Sure, it is a pain, but you only have to really do it once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones