1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Needs Unity

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by The_Horak, Sep 1, 2011.

1. The_Horak

The_Horak Well-Known Member

- I was reading up on Apple's iOS 5, and they talked about the new iCloud. It syncs Contacts, Documents, Photos, Music, Apps, Email, and other data to all your iDevices. All I could think was how Android has been doing all of this already, but not ALL Android devices do ALL of this. I.E: My HTC Incredible does not show my Picasa albums in the gallery like some other phones do, and other features like Document syncing need an app downloaded. If Android was guided and controlled a little more by Google, or the Android division, it would shine even brighter. Just let the user change it as they want after they get the device.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I thought that users could already make a number of changes to their Android devices after they get it. They have the option of adding other apps to add features that they want.

I can't really say anything about the Picasa issue. I don't use it.

3. ALBGunner04

ALBGunner04 Lurker

I honestly believe that Google should force all manufacturers to let users choose whether they want the vanilla experience or a manufacturer-customised experience. Android needs more than just unity regarding synchronisation, it needs unity regarding OS updates.

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

MS is planning on the same thing. All the new desktops, laptops, tablets and phones to run 8. How fast can you say malware or trojan?

I'm not interested in Cloud storage until we work through the safeguards. I don't think they are totally hacker proof.

If you have a Google account, you can get into Picasa (I use Flickr) with that password, also Blogger. In fact, the damn phone grabbed some pics from Blogger before I managed to get Google not to sync anything.

I'd love a plain vanilla OS. Have a big menu of apps in cell stores that the rep could add at your request.

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

At first I thought you were talking about Linux 11.04. That has an interface called Unity, and some hate it, some like it.

6. lekky

lekky Lover

Why? Users already have this choice you know? Its called picking a phone!

That is fine as far as im concerned!

davidchsw likes this.