• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Netbooks

eddiesox

Jan 26, 2011
Just kind of a random question. Sorry if someone else already posted this. Does anyone know of any network type devices out there that run android? I was surprised that after the honeycomb release that manufacturers didn't jump on the chance to produce cheap "netbooks". I realize that googles chrome books may come close to filling this niche so competition may be muscled out but im still surprised. I guess part of this question is also where do we draw the lines between phone tablet netbook and computer. Any feedback?

Because in truth, a netbook running windows can still do a bit more than a tablet, since it can run PC programs. slap on legacy versions of Photoshop, Powerdirector, Corel Draw on it, and then Androids wont have a chance capability wise in terms of photo or video editing and vector illustrations.

Besides, there's no point in making an Android netbook when you can just buy a keyboard dock for almost any Android tablet, or make it work with bluetooth keyboards.

Plus Chrome OS at this point is a major fail. Its basically a netbook with nothing on it except a web browser. Its just a way optimized web browser but thats it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones