1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Netbooks

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eddiesox, Sep 19, 2011.

1. eddiesox

eddiesox Member

Just kind of a random question. Sorry if someone else already posted this. Does anyone know of any network type devices out there that run android? I was surprised that after the honeycomb release that manufacturers didn't jump on the chance to produce cheap "netbooks". I realize that googles chrome books may come close to filling this niche so competition may be muscled out but im still surprised. I guess part of this question is also where do we draw the lines between phone tablet netbook and computer. Any feedback?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Because in truth, a netbook running windows can still do a bit more than a tablet, since it can run PC programs. slap on legacy versions of Photoshop, Powerdirector, Corel Draw on it, and then Androids wont have a chance capability wise in terms of photo or video editing and vector illustrations.

Besides, there's no point in making an Android netbook when you can just buy a keyboard dock for almost any Android tablet, or make it work with bluetooth keyboards.

Plus Chrome OS at this point is a major fail. Its basically a netbook with nothing on it except a web browser. Its just a way optimized web browser but thats it.

3. razorbladesoup

razorbladesoup Well-Known Member

Google

well they certainly do make them
    I kinda like the one with 800mhz arm11 cpu.

I dont know if its a touchscreen tho..

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard dock comes pretty close.