• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Newbie! Please help with APN settings

Okay... I've been a phone hacker for years, only problem is its been iphones! Im totally new to the game when it comes to droids so Im hoping you guys can help. Basically what Im trying to do is use my (unlocked) Sensation 4G with my wifes t-mobile sim card. I've got the phone and texting to work but no data. She's been on a grand-fathered $5.99 T-zones plan for years now (which has worked great on her iphones because she doesn't use that much data) but I cant seem to get the data to work on this phone. Im assuming I need to go in and change some of the APN settings to make that happen and Im hoping someone out there can offer some guidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Senasation is a "T-Mobile branded phone", and will require a full smartphone (Andriod) data plan to work (you may be getting prompted to upgrade data plan when trying to browse the web). The iPhone worked on the "chaeper plan" because it was not released by T-Mo (as did my Nokias).

Otherwise, all you would need to do is set epc.tmobile.com as the APN, and full access would be granted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones