1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android newbie...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Winesellerlou, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Winesellerlou

Winesellerlou Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Adult beverage sales
    So. Cal
    Hi All!
    Just got my new Samsung Infuse 4g. LOVE IT! Changed from a Blackberry Bold 9700 (good phone but just not enough going for it). Wife got a HTC Inspire 6 months ago and I decided to get a Samsung Android now vs waiting for an iPhone 5. Besides, my company runs Google Apps and I needed a phone that plays nice. Only downside so far...the phone just crushes batteries...Hopefully I'll learn a lot from y'all on the forums.

Thanks,

Lou

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, Lou!

One of the things you need to do when you get a new phone with Android is to 'teach' it what a full charge is. You may have a phone that think's it's fully charged or discharged when it isn't.

Let the phone run down completely until it shuts of. Then charge it uninterrupted to full using the AC power adapter, not the USB cable. When it says fully charged, unplug the phone and reboot, then shut it off. Then, plug it back into the AC charger for at least another hour even if it says full charged. If plugging it in makes the phone boot up, when the boot process is done, shut it off while plugged in. You only need to do this once. Constant deep cycle discharges can actually hurt your battery.

Do that and you should see an improvement as well as understanding that a new phone is getting used quite a bit more than normal. If you want more power tips about your phone, you can probably find it in Samsung Infuse 4G - Android Forums.