1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Darkflame1, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Alamo city
    Just checking in, per proper protocol.

I am a LONG TIME technology idiot, having worked with mainframes before the PC was born, to building every computer I've ever owned, and writing software on every level of development. However, my phone technology has been lagging.

I've been using a HP rw6945 iPAQ pocket PC for the past 6 years. It has been adequate for my needs. But, it's 6 years old, all beat up, and the web browsing has always been problematic. So, I went to my provider (AT&T), let them give me a new 2 year contract, and walked out with a LG Nitro HD (& a Ballistic Shell Gel (SG)). I have just brought it home, inserted the battery, connected the charger, and will leave it charging overnight.

My main need is to keep my life organized, as I have ADD. 1) ListPro has been my savior for keeping in memory all those things that belong on some kind of list. 2) A good schedule/calendar management system so that I can stay on schedule. 3) Ability to create files that my Microsoft Office Pro (2003, tho I can upgrade that, if needed) can fully use. 4) A fully functional web browser so I can access my online email account(s), forums I frequent, and, of course, facebook. 5) Sudoku. 6) A music player. Those are the 6 apps that are Mission Critical.

Otherwise, I'm a woodworker, motorcycle (Honda Shadow Sabre, black & gray flames, hence the username) rider, published "chef," father of 3 (ages 10, 6, &, yes, twins:eek:, 6, one of each:)), here in San Antonio. I have a BAS in Business Management. Grew up in my parents' appliance store in Waco. I currently work as a "Customer Service Technician" (phone line repair) for your friendly, neighborhood, global, 3 letter (& 1 of them repeats) telecommunications company. I think that about covers it.

I found this website by Googling for "Android forums" and this one was near the top of the list. And, with a NAME like "androidforums.com" - well, how could that be the wrong forum? So, here I am.

I'll go looking through the forums to see if I can find comments & recommendations on those 6 Mission Critical apps mentioned above. Glad y'all are here. I'll be glad to help out, as long as I'm around. I could sweep floors, even clean the bathrooms (as long as I can work from home!).

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

That's quite an intro. I think you'll be very pleased with the apps available for your 6 mission critical requirements. There are several full office suite apps that will work just fine with 2003. the rest i think you'll have to try on your own to make sure you are going to get the one best for your needs. Feel free to browse the forums and participate where you feel you can comment or help. In the mean time make sure you visit LG Nitro HD - Android Forums.

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum - thanks for joining... that's quite an intro!!

I'm sure you'll find this place useful!

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Welcome to the forums!

5. Darkflame1

Darkflame1 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2012