1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

android noob, stuck in recovery mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by birdtail, Oct 8, 2011.

1. birdtail

birdtail Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    I am a new android user with my first Samsung galaxy s2- i have the i777 model i think?

I tried rooting it and unlocking it. I was able to send and receive texts and make/receive calls but nothing could be head. Data plan was unusable even though i am ssigned up for it..

Phone now is in recovry mode? I did a factory reset and now this is all that will boot. There is a Android System Recovery <3e> followed by options to reboot system, wipe data, wipe cache, etc. Its followed by yellow text that says stuff such as -- Copying media files... Successfully copied meida files (not media) applying multi-csc, etc.

I cannot select any of the menu with the bottom touch buttons or the side buttons.. If i touch the farthest left, it removes all text and shows just a triangle with an exclamation mark In the middle with a green android guy next to it.

I am panicking and no idea what to do now. 've been googling 4 hours and I have not had any luck.

can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Advertisement

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    did you try selecting the 'reboot phone' option. you use the volume buttons to move up/down, power button to select. if you tried that then i would pull the battery for a few minutes and retry

3. birdtail

birdtail Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    I have pulled the battery, and used the power button on the side to select to no advail. None of the bottom touch buttons are working, including the house for "home". :(

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    the touch buttons are not supposed to work during recovery mode. ive never heard of the volume buttons or power button not working in recovery before though

5. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Head over to XDA. In our development forum, there's a tool to return to stock. I've never experienced your issue, but the tool I'm referring to will get you back on track.

6. birdtail

birdtail Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    Thanks to everyone for your help! I will see whats over at XDA.

7. Lagunar

Lagunar Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    you move with the volume keys and select with the home button

8. k9nikita

k9nikita Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    I am in the same boat! I don't know what or where I went wrong but I have no home key function and the volume up/down just move the highlight and the power button does nothing. Where over in XDA do we need to check to get back on track!!!!! Thank you all and glad to hear I am not the only one who has done this!!