1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Noob

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by lanthonyl, Jan 12, 2012.

1. lanthonyl

lanthonyl Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    No Job (getting one soon hopefully)
    United States
    Hey guys, noobie here to the forums. I have a 2 questions about my new android device, the LG Optimus S. Its a great phone and all, but I unfortunetly have some problems (thanks to my bad luck)

My first concern is the battery life. It dies pretty quickly during the day, I let it die out yesterday to see how long it lasts, it survives through the whole day but around 7pm the battery is completely dead. I'm disappointed because my old phones had better battery life, which I expected my android to have good battery life as well. I want to tips and tricks to help me save my battery life, I have the brightness all the way down, I turn off Wifi when I don't need it, I don't have any programs running (most of the programs I try to turn off just turn themselves back on, like facebook, google, etc) I have my phone sitting in my pocket all day during school, I text a few times through that time but majority of the time it sits in my pocket and me not using it yet the battery still drains out. So if there is any apps I could download to save my battery life let me know or any tips.

Second problem is my camera and gallery app. My phone takes pictures fine, but when I go to view them, the pictures don't show up just a black screen. So then I head over to the gallery to view them but they don't pop up at all. I tried force stopping them and restarting them but that didn't work. So I can only take pictures now but not view them.

Sorry for all the information and such but I was curious if you guys can help me out, any help is appreciated! Thank you :)

Advertisement

2. lanthonyl

lanthonyl Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    No Job (getting one soon hopefully)
    United States
    No one knows? :/