1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Android Noobie but Smartphone oldie say iDO...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bimerguy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. bimerguy

bimerguy Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well I'm a original smartphone user coming from the old PPC PDA's until my PDA needed replacement and I switched to the Smartphone world with a WinMo device for most years and tried a BlackBerry Tour and then back to WinMo device and now hoping the best with an Android by Motorola/Verizon.

Needless to say, with a new OS device I look forward to making this device work for me in business and pleasure and I'm sure the forum willl be a great part of that...thanks to all those responsible for this forum and it's contributors.

1 question I have is will any of my WinMo programs by 3rd party software companies work on the Android 2.0 or does it require only Android 2.0 program...I will d=search the forum of course but a quick reply just to know would be helpful as I am waiting on my Droid from VZW.

bimerguy

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to the Forums! :D

Your programs from WinMo will not work on Android but theirs plenty of 3rd party apps on the market to do the same stuff depending specifically on what you want :)

Carl

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I believe there to be backward compatability ... I have updated apps that are for 2.0 but run 1.6 on my G1 without any issues ...