• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android on IPhone

satimis

Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,

I have an old IPhone supposed to be IPhone2G (or just IPhone). I expect installing Android on it. On googling there are dozens of instruction (mainly youtube). I wonder which of them will be the right guide for me. Could you please shed me some light? TIA

Furthermore how to find the IPhone model?

B.R.
satimis

Even if you manage to get Android on there, I'm not quite sure how it would function. Older versions of Android (2.3 and earlier) do not have soft buttons, so even if you mapped the big iPhone button to the Home key, you would still be missing the Back key, the Menu key, and the Search key. And Ice Cream Sandwich would definitely be too resource-intensive to run on such an old phone.

Upvote 0
Even if you manage to get Android on there, I'm not quite sure how it would function. Older versions of Android (2.3 and earlier) do not have soft buttons, so you even if you mapped the big iPhone button to the Home key, you would still be missing the Back key, the Menu key, and the Search key. And Ice Cream Sandwich would definitely be too resource-intensive to run on such an old phone.
Hi,

I have no experience on Android nor Linux mobile eventhough I have been working on Linux/Unix for years. I have IPhone3G here. But I'm not willing to touch it. Otherwise if failure I have no mobile phone to use. What other suggestion you have making my old stuff to test Linux mobile? TIA

B.R.
satimis

Upvote 0
This would be like taking an old scrapyard engine and putting it in a new German saloon.

Sorry, but Android has disappointed me too many times now.

Honestly? Trying to put Android 2.3 or better on an iPhone2G is more like putting an Sti 2009 engine on an AE86 (classic but too old and incapable of using the engine).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones