1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Android on Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bertie the Dog, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Bertie the Dog

None

Jun 10, 2016
    Male
    Hi guys! I was wondering if it is possible to run Android on a Nintendo DSi XL. This would be helpful as I could play my PS games on it with an emulator. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Not seen Android for Nintendo DS. Have seen a Commodore C64 emulator for it though, that will certainly run C64 games.

ThePhizzle and Bertie the Dog like this.
  3. Bertie the Dog

None

Jun 10, 2016
    Male
    Ok, thank you, so no Android for Nintendo DS? Can it still emulate PlayStation?

4. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Sorry no ps emulator for dsi xl only super nintendo,question, why not play the ps emultator on your android device?

Bertie the Dog likes this.
  5. Bertie the Dog

None

Jun 10, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for posting on this thread! I haven't got an Android Tablet. I have an old android phone (OS version 4.4.2 KitKat) but it is really s l o w. Another reason I wanted to do it on my DS is because I wanted physical controls to control the PS games. Shall I just go and get an Android Tablet instead then? I've heard of the Xperia PLAY if not...

6. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Yes,if possible that is an Xperia that has a slide ps controller attached to it.

7. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Did you consider one of these,can't beat for $10.00
    1434129377216-P-2717549.jpg

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    The Xperia play is overly old. It's like 5 years old. That's going to be really slow for playing games with.

psionandy likes this.
  9. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Im sorry if my comment was confusing C.C.5 im not the best at typing skills but he's looking to play on something specifically designed for PS games with a non virtual controller,and having once owned experia play I will vouch that it was made specifically for PS emulators and roms,maybe not for psp gold,but definitely for ps1 also gba,gbc,snes,nes,geniuses, n64,and mame emulators,are compatible as well,but I think Mr. The Dog was mainly trying to enjoy his PS roms without the frustration of the virtual pads clumsiness of pressing unwanted buttons just because your a little to close to another buttons radius,i don't know how many times i used a mana potion instead of a Hp potion do to that particular problem.
    Well happy gaming,good health and good luck!

#9 ThePhizzle, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  10. Bertie the Dog

None

Jun 10, 2016
    Male
    There appears to be some confusion here: ThePhizzle, you are right. All I am trying to do here is enjoy my PS games on the go without annoying on-screen controls. I was considering the Xperia PLAY because it is "PlayStation Certified" so therefore I thought it would be perfect for PlayStation Emulation. Maybe I'm wrong. I try and find one to try out perhaps? I'll look into getting an Xperia PLAY in the future, but for now one of those £10.00 controllers would be perfect. Thank you all very much!

11. solaris9123

solaris9123 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    Lol. Will a Nintendo DS run Android?
    No. Though the architecture is the same; ARM v7, the ARM processor in the DS only runs at 75-100 MHz.

Android needs at least an 800MHz ARM v7a and 512 MB RAM

12. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Glad to see you found an option to help you with your dilemma,but before we close the thread;I'd like to apologize for being confusing,I not the best at grammar but i like typing and my thoughts in literature form...especially since I am more terrible at speaking,I have a terrible profanity word that I use more than a vowl,I'mm terribly sorry.
    To be clear on this,I was trying to state yes on the xperia because it is sony organized that I had a sony xperia that had a slide pad that didn't have typing keys but in fact had a Playstation dual analog controller,I thought the world of that android device just for haters to say its outdated because it's 4years old
    (Personal opinion...I think Minecrft is outdated but I garenteed more than 88% of the people on the forum play it even though it looks like a NES 8 bit console Retro game from 1985)it just proves that some things in all fashion and form (unfortunately like the spiked upward mohawk)are too good too just pass up.
    And since it is 4 years old and definitely not slow,since the xperia I had was made for playing Playstation roms,you could probably pick up at a great value! image.jpg images.jpg images (1).jpg Sony-PlayStation-DUALSHOCK-4-Xperia-support.jpg DualShock-3-Xperia-support_4.png xperia-remote-play.JPG.jpg So in conclusion I think Sony looks out for us gamers with adroid devices from every angle,hopes this helps clarify what I was try to imply Mr. The Dog.
    Take it from me former game developer;I never wprked for sony and this isn't a promotion but from one gamer to another...If you like Playstation,and if you like playing Playstation roms in classic dual anolog controller fashion....then sony Ericsson xperia is the absolute solution to your problem!
    Good health to you and your device!

13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    The Sony is slow by today's standards. It has the same specs as a Galaxy S. Basically the specs are 6 years old. That's the same as a Galaxy V today. An entry level smartphone.

And it's more than 5 years old. It was released March 2011.

14. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Ah yes but C.C.05 in fact we are not worried about todays standard considering we are looking to emulate and play somethat that was made in 1995 a.d. but is strong enough to process ps2 roms,is suited for Mr. Bernie to have portability,dual anolog controller,and affordable for those not so financially blessed,todays standards aren't suited for everyone,just a whole lot of promotional hypnotic advertising to make you believe your not complete unless you spend a whole lot of cash on the new Samsung galaxy S8 sleek powered by plutonium witch is a 100×better than the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge outdated Li-ion battery,you might explode but who cares you'll look cool doing it in front of your friends,and hey who could put a price on that!only $1,499.99!
    I know I still dust of the Ol' NES and go a round on Dr. Mario,but as the old saying goes;true quality last forever.
    Mr. Bernie the Dog,C.C.05,mikedt,
    Good health to you and your devices.

15. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Actually it's not really strong enough to emulate properly. It can only play smoothly the games that were ported to Xperia Play, which were optimized for the unit. However, if you just plan to get an emulator and play a PSX ROM you got, it's going to stutter on you.

ThePhizzle likes this.
  16. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Thanks C.C.05 I do stand corrected,I did have the xperia play roms and in fact did not have emulator roms from emulated sites,Mr. Bernie the dog should take that under careful consideration,but a $40 tablet with a $10 wireless controller should all in all do the trick as well,thanks chanchan05 fine detail makes a finner diffrance;I thought since it played xperia rom well it would do the same for an emulator and roms,but I can't really state thet for a fact because I didn't have an emulator and play emulator roms on my xperia play.thanks for the knowledgeable tip.