1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android One vs Stock Android

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Vikas Chopra, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Which is better Android One vs Stock Android

1. Android One

100.0%
  2. Stock Android

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vikas Chopra

Vikas Chopra Lurker

Hi All I have Question If I have phone with Android One (e.g. xiaomi Mi A2) and other with Stock Andriod E.g. (Motorola G7) . So which phone will get latest updates and security Patches, as per my knowledge Mi A2 will get latest updates and patches as its under Android one progam. Please explain?

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Android One is probably as near as "stock Android" as you can get I think. It comes direct from Google, and they push all updates directly to the Android One devices. Don't know exactly what Motorola(Lenovo) does, but I suspect they modify and customise it in their own way, and it's them pushing out updates and not Google.

JAy3001, Vikas Chopra and Dannydet like this.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Your Android One will get the updates quicker than your Motorola and is as close to pure android as a Nexus or Pixel device.

Vikas Chopra and mikedt like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know of any manufacturer selling "stock android". The Essential PH-1 was probably closer than the Pixels, and as said above and an Android One device is probably as close to stock as you can buy. You always get some manufacturer or Google stuff added in.