• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Oreo Calendar Event Duplication

Bigthlsr

Lurker
Sep 17, 2018
Android Oreo Calendar Event Duplication (4 times)

After my upgrade to Oreo on my S7 Edge, all my exchange calendar events are there 4 times. My gmail and other calendars are all OK, only the exchange events. If I use the stock Android Calendar App, 4 times, I downloaded 3 different calendar apps, 4 times. If I use the Outlook Android App Calendar , 1 time but I cannot see my gmail calendars so that is not acceptable.

Any ideas? It did not happen prior to Oreo upgrade.. I have cleared the calendar app cache/data and I also removed the exchange account and then added it back. Nothing works.

Ideas?

Thanks

no duplication, only one exchange calendar, several google calendars.. i turn off the exchange calendar and the exchange appointments (4 for each) disappear, googles are still there.. turn off google calendar and turn on exchange.. google appointments disappear (correct view) and 4 exchange events appear for every one in the calendar...

Upvote 0
Sorry, hadn't twigged that it was the Exchange events that were duplicated. How are you making your exchange calendars visible to other apps? Whenever I used Outlook it kept all of its events internal to the app rather than creating accounts which I could view with other apps, which was one reason I switched to Nine for these accounts (though it sounds like you have the opposite problem here).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones