1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support android organization capability questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bogiedogie, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bogiedogie

bogiedogie Newbie
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    i am a blackberry user and not too familar with android. i am considering upgrading to the thunderbolt when it comes out for verizon.

can you set up "folders" to keep icons organized? ie can i set up a folder for navigation, games, etc. to put related apps into to make finding what i am looking for easier? and second, i cannot live without my desktop outlook. will my calender, contacts, memos, and tasks synch with no issues?

Advertisement

2. DroidL

DroidL Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    There are ways of doing what you want you will however need to approach it differently. I am on an iPad or I would explain in more detail. Maybe later from my desktop.

bogiedogie likes this.
  3. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Pilot
    California
    You can create folders with this phone by pressing the personalize button (or long pressing a blank spot on the screen) and pressing add folder. You can also use the different screens to hold different apps. There are also plenty of apps that allow you to organize your apps in many different ways.

I know it is possible to sync your phone with outlook but I am not sure how to do it. I read on these forums somewhere that you can sync your Google account (calender, emails, contacts, tasks, etc.) with outlook and use your phone to access your Google account. But there is probably a more direct way, I am just not sure what it is.

bogiedogie likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    By all accounts, Outlook sync is pretty easy with HTC Sync - Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones and you can also go the sync to Google route.

Lots of BB users hereabouts have switched to Android, and the ones that went HTC are _very_ happy. As I recall, getting your contacts out of BB's walled garden is a little painful, but if you have them in Outlook, you should be OK.

And in addition to built-in folders as EvilMonkey outlined, there are some very nice (free) smart folders you can add on. I use one specifically for web bookmarks, very nice, very flexible, for example.

bogiedogie likes this.