• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android OS-BLock Websites? Multiple Users, Tethering, Multitasking?

markw1

Lurker
Apr 10, 2010
I currently have a iPhone but have been considering switching to an Android phone such as a Motorola Droid. Also, I am looking at a tablet soon and if I stay with the iPhone would get an iPad but if I switch to Android will be getting an Android tablet.
One problem I have with the iPhone OS is it won't allow for multiple users to log in to have their own apps, settings, etc. Another and the largest is parental controls. I want to for example be able to block certain websites such as myspace, facebook, etc.
The iPhone OS can't do any of the above. Does Android do any of the above? I realize these capabilities may not be available on a phone but will Android support these on a tablet?
I know many tablets are just being released but I like the fact some will have USB where the iPad doesn't.
Also, does Android allow multitasking like iPhone OS 4.0 will allow?
One other question, is tethering going to be offered on any tablets? I'd like to be able to have a phone such as the Motorola Droid and be able to use that to tether with an Android Tablet so I don't need two data plans.
I'm very new to learning about Android. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones