1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android os is eating a lot of battery.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daz_2000, May 23, 2011.

1. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast

Android is taking up 41% of my battery's usage. Any ideas.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cooky

Cooky Guest

Same here, i exchanged my phone once already because of this. I tried the update of the firmware last night although im not convinced it worked. Frustrating.....

3. vengance007

vengance007 Well-Known Member

imo just poor software coding by sammy..... again :p :p.

4. daz_2000

Yeah have to say there a few niggling things which are annoying me, battery usage is one, kies another. Random crashes etc.

Desire I had previously was great just had no space.

Hopefully these things will get sorted. Might try and exchange handset to see if a new one is better.

My battery is down to 37% when it was at 90% 5 hours ago. 3g has been off. GPS and Bluetooth off, wifi has been on and connected at home. Brightness at 16%.

Is it me or is that poor? I haven't done a great deal, played music for 20 mins and browsed market and web etc.

5. vengance007

yup thats really really poor. :(. sensation....... shud i get you lool. ill give sammy a month to see if they can fix these problems :p

6. daz_2000

Just got a nice shiny new sgs2 as I took my old back to cpw as faulty.

Charging now before I turn it on.

7. tauran121

tauran121 Well-Known Member

android os is also the biggest culprit for me, probably just a software thing, as the only reason to get a replacement handset would be for hardware, software should to be the same throughout.
    so if Android os is taking up battery now, it will on a new handset. wish samsung had a easy way of contacting them so we can make suggestions to them.

8. ludlum

ludlum Member

If I don't use my phone for anything other than making and receiving the odd call I get maybe two whole days. But when I use it for the likes of surfing the net and mixing with a bit of sat naving I'll only get half a day.

9. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

half a day??? you must use it a lot when you use it for "surfing the net and mixing with a bit of sat naving".

with a rooted Evo, custom ROM/kernel, i get 1.5 days without using the phone. so SGS2 will have better batt life for me if you get 2 days with making a few calls.

good stuff. mine shipped today, btw. sooo excited! :p

10. Quboid

Quboid Android Enthusiast

Is this 41% on the battery usage page? If so, that's fine - that is the percentage of power used that has gone to that particular app/service. Something has to be highest and if you're not using a lot of sat-nav or gaming or other power-hungry stuff, then it will be the system its self.

akanimbus likes this.
  11. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

I've noticed that since i updated to ke7 that this has become and issue for me, was never a problem before but now its destroying my battery.
    Usage today was 1h2mins over 10hours & was 45%

12. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

Problem is fixed with Android 2.3.4, and Google is aware of it. It

13. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

14. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

2.3.3 has this bug, it

15. ludlum

ludlum Member

For real. I drove to Dublin from my home using the built-in Google Sat-Nav and by the time I got there, about two hours later, the battery was almost gone. Seriously, this was only two hours later. Now, in fairness this isn't typical for me as I'd normally use the Sat-Nav with the 12 volt charger.

I wish you well with that. I got two day making very few calls and receiving very few calls and using nothing else, excepts perhaps a quick check on emails.
    Congrts! You will be so delighted with your new phone the fact you might need to charge it more than others won't be an issue....it isn't for me:)

16. vengance007

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews