• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS Upgrade

Hello all,

I am using Samsung S5570 (Galaxy Pop) with 2.2 (froyo) OS. Is it possible for me to upgrade it to 3.0 (HOney comb).

If yes how will it effect my mobile and is it suggestable to upgrade to 3.0?

Regards
RAC

every os need a minimum configuration. Similarly honeycomb needs at least 1ghz processor and 512 mb ram..... So gingerbread is the last os for mini and pop....And another thing is honeycomb needs 512 free rom space and mini have 256 or less... So i think it is not possible... :) but u might find some theme and some features of honeycomb in android forum and market.....

Reactions: muttalib32190
Upvote 0
every os need a minimum configuration. Similarly honeycomb needs at least 1ghz processor and 512 mb ram..... So gingerbread is the last os for mini and pop....And another thing is honeycomb needs 512 free rom space and mini have 256 or less... So i think it is not possible... :) but u might find some theme and some features of honeycomb in android forum and market.....
Nope ,may or may not be.
Honey comb is a Tablet only OS .While Gingerbread is open source .HoneyComb is closed source.That prevented devs from porting it to smartphones
Google wanted to keep honeycomb tied to tablets only.
Icecream sandwich is a going to have smartphone version.
There were rumors about the H/W limit in gingerbread too.
But honestly CyanogenMod has proven them wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones