1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android OS using A LOT of data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jasonj187, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Jasonj187

Jasonj187 Lurker

Hello!

I need some help, I'm going nuts over this.

I have recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and one of the first things I have noticed is that in Data Usage, 'Android OS' is using up to 25mb per day....It doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up. I want to know if anyone has a solution for how to stop it.

I have rooted my phone and have a firewall installed and is running perfectly, but I don't know what services to block to stop Android OS using data while making sure my phone is running efficiently.

Please do not tell me to go to data usage and restrict background data, turn off auto sync, turn off auto update ETC ETC as I have already tried it all.

Its so frustrating, I'm literally sitting here watching Android OS slowly eat my data and I am helpless to stop it.

Hopefully some of you out there have some experience with this and stopping it via a rooted firewall.

2. Jasonj187

Jasonj187 Lurker

Could really use some help with this....in 3 days its used 100mb
    I have blocked quite a few android system services from using data but its not made a difference.

3. Pdt165

Pdt165 Lurker

Anything,I too am having serious data usage. Over 700mb in a week

4. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Operating system updates being downloaded?

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews