• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS using a lot of data.

prrep

Mar 2, 2011
New York, New York
Android OS is using a whole lot of data on my phone, I've reached my limit of 3.5gb for the first time ever & it's mostly the Android OS. Never had this problem with my Lg Volt or any other Android phone. Is there any way to limit this? I have account & sync already turned off, What can be causing this data usage? I've uploaded a screen shot.
Thanks

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-01-15-23-02-38.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-01-15-23-02-38.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 178

Thanks tube517 for the very helpful link.Very interesting topics on that link.
I'm going to disable (back up my data) & see if that helps.
I can't stop wondering if the large android os data usage could be related to the OTA update download of MarshMallow. I don't recall how I received the update download,Wether it was through WiFi or phones data. Or if it's even the fact that after the update downloaded I didn't install it & it just keeps re-downloading.
Either way I'm keeping an eye on this issue.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
I went ahead & reset the phone then installed the MarshMallow update, And so far so good.
Now the android os is using what is considered a normal amount of data. I still went ahead & made sure that (back up data) was turned off & of course account & sync is also turned off.

That is great. IT is always recommended to do a factory reset before (or after) an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones