• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android OTA update while Half-Roaming! Any help is appreciated!

potatolover1102

Android Enthusiast
Nov 9, 2009
Houston, Texas
Hey guys I am new here but I have a question for y'all? I normally live in Houston so I obviously have service there but I go to Texas Tech in Lubbock where this used to be alltel. Now the weird thing is that both the voice and text network (a.k.a the one with no signal next to the bars on the droid) as well as 1X national access, is full Verizon now. However, my 3g is still considered extended network!! ( I know this because if I set my phone to home only I lose 3g or if I put it to evdo only my tag changes to extended network) I know that Verizon said that no updates would go to you if you are roaming so I am kind of stuck as to what to expect about getting it, since I am half roaming lol.
smile.gif
I have had the phone on wifi as much as I can but nothing yet. I wondered though if you do it on wifi wouldn't that come out really late since wifi does not connect to the network so wont Verizon have to post it somewhere on a server for the phone to find? I still do not understand where the update goes if you use wifi and how your phone knows to look for it. Sorry for the rant but I really enjoy this forum and thought you could help? Thank you! Also i never got the original OTA for 2.0.1 and waited five days before downloading the file but I would like the OTA if possible. Just mainly wanting to know if anyone thinks it is going to work?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones