• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android over iPhone

Dan Davies

Dec 27, 2011
I came from Palm to Android a few months ago, and I have had a steep learning curve, but it was a simple choice as I do not like Apple. I had many questions which were answered through this forum - I learned a lot!

However, my daughter recently upgraded from an iPod Touch to an iPhone, so I am supporting her with this unit. I have learned that not only is this a much less flexible platform, but that there is just not the support for it. I have posted questions in two separate iPhone forums, with essentially no response in about one week. I think it is a different culture - use it as it is out of the box and do not even think about customising. I think her next phone will be an Android!

Dan

We have a few options for some iPhone support over here, though. I'd suggest you try scrolling up to the top of this page and clicking the iPhone/iPad link. They have some forums over there that might be able to help.

Alternatively, you could post your question in here: Other Phones (Android & Non-Android) - Android Forums

Or see if someone who is used to iPhones can help you out through PMs.

You know...to get your daughter through the rough patch until you can get her an Android :D

Upvote 0
Regarding forums, one of the ones I tried was the iPhone forum associated with this one. No response after 2 days. The other forum has had one response after 5 days, but it was not helpful.

Regarding apps, I have bought a couple of apps and will buy more, now that I have had a chance to try the free versions. I have been quite impressed by the quality of the apps, though the support from the developers has been somewhat lacking. I am still trying to find a contacts app that both has the features I need and does not crash continuously. I have been running through the ones recommended in the 'Applications' forum.

Dan

Upvote 0
It's been my observation that there are Android people and iPhone people. Android users want to tweak their device and are comfortable with a little complication. iPhone users want an easy and seamless experience. If you're comfortable doing everything the Apple way, you'll love the iPhone. If not? You'll probably hate the iPhone.

Reactions: ArmageddonX
Upvote 0
It's been my observation that there are Android people and iPhone people. Android users want to tweak their device and are comfortable with a little complication. iPhone users want an easy and seamless experience. If you're comfortable doing everything the Apple way, you'll love the iPhone. If not? You'll probably hate the iPhone.

I have noticed that as well, but it did surprise me that there was so little response!

Dan

ps. A fellow Pastafarian! Good to see that others have been touched by His Noodly Appendage!

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
One of the things I love about Android is the customization is endless and you can be very productive with just the phone. Most developers do read the feed back on apps and will make the change if enough people make the same request. I like using the free apps as well, but don't mind paying for the pro version if the app is really good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones