1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android Pay reliability

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IndigoJo, May 8, 2017.

1. IndigoJo

IndigoJo Lurker
    None

May 8, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought an LG G6 having used LG-based Nexus devices for years. My last device was a Nexus 5X and I used Android Pay on that for most small purchases. I'd just hold the phone up to the reader, put my finger on the sensor and the phone would buzz and beep and that was that.

With this phone, I've only got it to work twice by that method. Other times, I've held it up against the machine with my finger on the sensor and nothing happens other than the phone switching back on. Usually I've had apps open recently, and just switched the screen off when approaching the till and then held the phone to the terminal -- that worked with the Nexus but doesn't seem to with the G6.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? (Yes, I have had the card verified; it would not have worked twice otherwise.)

Advertisement

mohdsyawalfirdaus likes this.
  2. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Male
    Hackettstown, NJ
    I have no problem using Android Pay on the LG G6. I came from a Galaxy S6 with Samsung Pay and that was a hassle because you had to unlock it and wait for the app to ready.

On the G6, I have found that I can just put my finger on the sensor so it unlocks normally and then I just put the back of the phone up to the reader and wait about a second and it's done. At first, I was having problem where I took the phone away from the sensor too soon, but once I figured it out I have not had a problem since.

LG G6

The LG G6 dropped the modular design from the G5. It was one of the first with a 18:9 display. Specs include a Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB of RAM, dual cameras, and 3,300mAh battery.