1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android PDA?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by x^2, Mar 18, 2009.

1. x^2

x^2 Lurker

Mar 18, 2009
    Hello,

I was wondering if Google had any plans of releasing an Android enabled PDA. I have a few friends with the G1 and I really like the Andriod operating system. Are there any plans to release a PDA with the Android operating system installed? I know people have hacked the Dell Axims to run Android, but it isn't fully functional and doesn't take advantage of all of Androids features. I'd get the G1, but I don't want to pay a monthly cell phone fee (I'd much rather use the features on a wireless network).

Thanks,
    x^2

Advertisement

2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Android Expert

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    There have been no official announcements but considering device makers can get a free OS I see no reason to expect there won't be a slew of "AndroidTouch" type devices very soon.

3. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Android Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2008
    Male
    Senior software developer
    UK
    I was surprised to see someone wearing a Garmin watch the other day at work, which had me asking myself "will there ever be Android wrist watches?"

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Android Expert

Oct 24, 2008
    Android Scientists
    The Lab
    Microsoft did it with SPOT so certainly I could see an Android everywhere type of experience. With appliances talking, and energy being saved and dvr's being turned on. A free OS that has the backing of large companies means a universal language for all things electronic at least that's a direction I could see.