• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

Half of these are from paulmz's original posts (mostly because I couldn't find anything I liked any better.) The others are my own. Many thanks for the great how to's and other misc. guides, as well as the research put into getting the sizes just right. Considering my non existent skill using PS (I used Gimp instead), I'm fairly satisfied with how they turned out. Dock icons also my own.

snap20110118003219.jpg

snap20110118003226.jpg

snap20110118003240.jpg

snap20110118003232.jpg

snap20110118003246.jpg

Using Minimalistic Text Widget, Circle Battery Widget, Beautiful Widgets (weather), SwitchPro, and System Info. LaunchPro Mod from signals23

Reactions: Tsjoklat
Upvote 0
I just wanted to say, this thread is absolutely fantastic! My boyfriend gave me an android phone for christmas and thanks to this thread it's now looking very cool indeed! :D

I did wonder though, I know the sizes are for Launcher Pro with 5 rows, but I seem to be having some issues with Launcher Pro - it freezes up and has to be force stopped manually - so I'm a bit hesitant to use it as my default launcher... I don't suppose you know the pixel sizes for the icons when using the 4 row default launcher (The phone is a Nexus S with a 480x800 screen)? I looked through the thread but didn't spot them!

As an offering and an extra thank you, here are some icons I made using the sizes in the first post for a 5 row screen :D
102mknc.png
10zwx93.png

30avthj.png

4qie5i.png

2mozh8n.png

(I couldn't quite decide which mail picture I liked better!)

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say, this thread is absolutely fantastic! My boyfriend gave me an android phone for christmas and thanks to this thread it's now looking very cool indeed! :D

I did wonder though, I know the sizes are for Launcher Pro with 5 rows, but I seem to be having some issues with Launcher Pro - it freezes up and has to be force stopped manually - so I'm a bit hesitant to use it as my default launcher... I don't suppose you know the pixel sizes for the icons when using the 4 row default launcher (The phone is a Nexus S with a 480x800 screen)? I looked through the thread but didn't spot them!

Rosewood:

I apologize but I never figured out the dimensions for Desktop Visualizer widgets using a stock launcher. With the Nexus S being a Samsung, I really don't have any idea how to relate whatever launcher it's using to anything else we have done here.

The only thing I can offer is this-- download these .png images:

Then place them inside varying sizes of Desktop Visualizer widgets all over the homescreen kind of like this:

Post or PM me a full-sized screenshot and I can try to figure out the widget dimensions from that.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 480x10-Test.png
    480x10-Test.png
    152 bytes · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Post or PM me a full-sized screenshot and I can try to figure out the widget dimensions from that.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, that's so kind of you to help like that! I took a few screens with the widgets arranged in a few ways since I couldn't get it exactly like your example, I hope this has what you need (Linking rather than posting them inline since they're quite big and not too interesting)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2vxow07.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/2psg3s8.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/vyl6cg.png

Upvote 0
Really??? Mine looks nothing like that!!!

Is it? OK cheers.

I seem to have no options to customise it though and mine looks slightly different to the one posted.

I guess I'm missing something?

it is a modified version of the Launcher Plus calendar widget, as he says at the bottom of his post:

Using Minimalistic Text Widget, Circle Battery Widget, Beautiful Widgets (weather), SwitchPro, and System Info. LaunchPro Mod from signals23

you have to save a backup of your paid version of LPP so that is will save your license, uninstall LPP from your phone, download the APK from the above link to your SD card, and then reinstall LPP with the APK on your phone. You will then have that cool looking calendar. However, be aware that any widgets currently on your homescreens will be lost during the process, so you will have to reapply your theme. I think that calendar is worth it, though, as the default LPP widget is kinda ugly...

ps btmojo could you share that dock, please?

Reactions: neil363
Upvote 0
is there a theme made already or do we make it ourselves sorry if its a dumb question i would rather use one already made forget getting all fancy just think the windows 7 theme is different and wanna try it lol

The only pre-made theme I have ever found is this: Windows Phone Android. I just didn't like how it functioned. Seemed to only be an app drawer that would send links to the homescreen as blue box icons. Didn't scroll or have live widgets like the actual windows phone.

The theme here does take some work, but it's highly customizable and always growing and advancing.

Upvote 0
The only pre-made theme I have ever found is this: Windows Phone Android. I just didn't like how it functioned. Seemed to only be an app drawer that would send links to the homescreen as blue box icons. Didn't scroll or have live widgets like the actual windows phone.

The theme here does take some work, but it's highly customizable and always growing and advancing.

thanks for the info

Upvote 0
it is a modified version of the Launcher Plus calendar widget, as he says at the bottom of his post:

you have to save a backup of your paid version of LPP so that is will save your license, uninstall LPP from your phone, download the APK from the above link to your SD card, and then reinstall LPP with the APK on your phone. You will then have that cool looking calendar. However, be aware that any widgets currently on your homescreens will be lost during the process, so you will have to reapply your theme. I think that calendar is worth it, though, as the default LPP widget is kinda ugly...

ps btmojo could you share that dock, please?
Here ya go

App drawer

allappsbuttonnormal.png

Dock

docku.png

Reactions: jackgibbs
Upvote 0
So I am starting this whole process.
My first step was to download the Blue widgets.
I chose to download the Android7 Widgets for 480x854 Resolution (resized by Curt941)
I am currently using the Samsung Epic Galaxy S. All the widgets work and are the correct size except the messaging widget which come on my screen way smaller. I first downloaded the Android7 Widgets for 480x800 Resolution(Solid color "Living Tile" type widgets) and deleted them when they were to small.. How do I get my messaging widgets to be the same size. Thanks for help in advance.

Upvote 0
So I am starting this whole process.
My first step was to download the Blue widgets.
I chose to download the Android7 Widgets for 480x854 Resolution (resized by Curt941)
I am currently using the Samsung Epic Galaxy S. All the widgets work and are the correct size except the messaging widget which come on my screen way smaller. I first downloaded the Android7 Widgets for 480x800 Resolution(Solid color "Living Tile" type widgets) and deleted them when they were to small.. How do I get my messaging widgets to be the same size. Thanks for help in advance.

Curt941 found out this problem a while ago and it's posted a few pages back. When you place the widget make sure you check the "Hide Icon Label" box.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones