• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Phone 7 Theme

a couple people have asked so, here's a link to all of my widgets as well as a ton of unedited pictures I found whilst googling 'gil elvgren' a lot of them paulmz posted already, though.

Dropbox - Photos - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.

as I said upthread I used a font called fontdinerdotcom sparkly available here with an outerglow and dropshadow if you want to make your own widgets.

keep in mind these were made for an evo, so they are for 480x800 resolution phones.

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0
Here's what I had been working on the past 2 days. I like it, it'll be like this for a while form now. :p Til I at least think of another customizing theme.

Homescreen
9c9eae79aff74fb79ab1ecb.png

Left Screen
c943b790a6c147b8a387ea5.png

Right Screen
e31876576dd7485ea823853.png

I made the dock, wallpaper, and the icons on the left screen, home screen were icons found on a icon site. The images for the left screen were images found online that I had chopped and scaled down or whatever that was needed to be done to look good for the size of the widget.

Home Screen: Flashlight, Camera, Beautiful Widgets and smooth calendar
Left Screen: Gallery, MovieFone, Internet, Facebook, Alarm, Maps, and Gmail
Right Screen: Calwidget

Wow I love the rustic look. Looks amazing.

Upvote 0
I got a rather noobish question. Recently got a Samsung Vibrant. I've been using gimp to make my pics, following these instructions: How To | Android Phone 7 Icons in Gimp Android Excedio

I'm stuck on step 7 because I don't know how to move the new layer from the top of the image to the bottom of the image. I'm sure there's a simple answer, but I've never used gimp before. I'm becoming frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the awesome thread.

Add: Problem Solved! Looking forward to posting my phone in the thread when finished.

Upvote 0
android706halfres.png

Just curious about the lockscreen. Widget Locker? If so I'll go buy it. Been holding off. I like the 3 tabs on it and the clock.

Nvm. Figured it out. Was 99% sure it was WL so I went and bought it. Money well spent.

Yes, you were right about WidgetLocker. The clock is Beautiful Widgets with skins that I made. The weather skin is called "Debossed" and is available for download through the Beautiful Widgets app. I never uploaded the clock skin, but there is a matching "Debossed" clock skin that I made as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this thread, I just last week re-skinned my phone after leaving it alone for 3 months. I come across this thread and all that goes out the window.

Here is a simple template that I use (not that it helps but it shows how it works... I think)

5454313603_86c353d8f8_b.jpg

Two screens I'm currently working on:

Just about there but need to sort a few images,

5454327849_88ea42f512_b.jpg

5454327351_7efa4cb242_b.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for this thread, I just last week re-skinned my phone after leaving it alone for 3 months. I come across this thread and all that goes out the window.

Here is a simple template that I use (not that it helps but it shows how it works... I think)

5454313603_86c353d8f8_b.jpg

Two screens I'm currently working on:

Just about there but need to sort a few images,

5454327849_88ea42f512_b.jpg

5454327351_7efa4cb242_b.jpg

Nice. =D. I like. Lol

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

New on this forum, I'd like to thanks you all for this thread, which gave me a lot of ideas...
But with all this informations i'm a bit lost, and i like to know what are the sizes in pix for all the widgets of desktop visualizer ????
I 'm on a Galaxy S I9000...
And i read something about rows and column, is that true than i can do my pictures with this pix even if i 'm under an 8 columns and 9rows cause for some widget this matrix gives better results...

Thanks All

Upvote 0
I got a rather noobish question. Recently got a Samsung Vibrant. I've been using gimp to make my pics, following these instructions: How To | Android Phone 7 Icons in Gimp Android Excedio

I'm stuck on step 7 because I don't know how to move the new layer from the top of the image to the bottom of the image. I'm sure there's a simple answer, but I've never used gimp before. I'm becoming frustrated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the awesome thread.

Add: Problem Solved! Looking forward to posting my phone in the thread when finished.

Nice tutorial. The trick I see with these is figuring out the dimensions for the different size icons which appears to be phone dependant, in order for the edges to line up on the various size widget/icons. Might have to try to mess with Gimp this weekend on my Droid X.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• angybirds.jpg
    angybirds.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 79
  • angry-birds11.jpg
    angry-birds11.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 57
  • market.jpg
    market.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 61
  • youtube.jpg
    youtube.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 83
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 2x1_basketball.jpg
    2x1_basketball.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 53
  • market2.jpg
    market2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

New on this forum, I'd like to thanks you all for this thread, which gave me a lot of ideas...
But with all this informations i'm a bit lost, and i like to know what are the sizes in pix for all the widgets of desktop visualizer ????
I 'm on a Galaxy S I9000...
And i read something about rows and column, is that true than i can do my pictures with this pix even if i 'm under an 8 columns and 9rows cause for some widget this matrix gives better results...

Thanks All

Everything in this thread is for using a setting of 5-rows/4-columns. If you want to use a different configuration, you will have to figure out the pixel dimensions for the Desktop Visualizer widgets. There is an app from the same developer: DVRSizeConfigTool - Free App on Market, which apparently tells you the pixel dimensions for Desktop Visualizer widgets based on your homescreen settings.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Nice tutorial. The trick I see with these is figuring out the dimensions for the different size icons which appears to be phone dependant, in order for the edges to line up on the various size widget/icons. Might have to try to mess with Gimp this weekend on my Droid X.

It's not necessarily phone dependent as much as it is resolution dependent. The dimensions for a DroidX are listed here:

DroidX Desktop Visualizer Widget Dimensions

These are the same dimensions for virtually all devices with a resolution of 480x854 running a 4-column/5-row homescreen.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
thanks for DVRSizeConfigTool - Free App on Market but i didn't understand how it works, and i thought that I would just have to multiply by 2 the normal size...
So I gonna use yours
thanks

Yeah, I just tried the DVRSizeConfigTool and it didn't work. The process seemed straightforward, but after I followed the steps, all it said was "complete" but didn't provide any additional information. So, I guess it's kind of useless and we need to figure it out the old fashioned way.

I would guess that one way to figure out dimensions would be to take your resolution, subtract 10-pixels (the average gap between widgets for most launchers) for each row/column, and then divide by the amount of your rows/columns. This works pretty well for the horizontal measurements, but the vertical ones are more difficult if you don't know the pixel dimensions for your notification bar and dock. So, this process of finding dimensions would only be fairly accurate if you were using a launcher like ADW where you can turn off both the notification bar and the dock completely. This way you could do the math solely from the whole-screen resolution of the device.

If you do run into some problems figuring it out, here's another test to run. Download each of these png's:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

and place them all over using different sized Desktop Visualizer widgets like this:

Post or PM a full-sized screenshot of the results and we should be able to figure out the pixel dimensions based on your homescreen setup.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the correct dimensions for a 1x1 icon on an LG GT540? I believe the resolution is 320x480. I thought it was 74x74, but it looks all wrong...

Look in first post by OP it has links to almost all questions like this. I checked and I think you are right that it shoiuld be 74 x 74 but you may need to check other settings like auto fit and # of rows and # columns

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones